Looking for the best firewood available? Then you have found it!
Unlike green or “seasoned” firewood, Cutting Edge Kiln Dried Firewood has been dried in a high temperature oven. This not only removes moisture that normally makes firewood hard to light, but it also kills fungus and pests in the wood – making it cleaner and last longer than any other firewood available. Cutting Edge Firewood has the most rigorous drying process in the industry, we kiln dry our wood for 48 hours at 250 degrees, 12 times longer than the USDA standard.
You are watching: Kiln Dried Firewood Products For Sale Online | Cutting Edge Firewood
We also make it easier than ever before to order and receive firewood. We offer our a complimentary white glove delivery service inside our delivery artisan network and ship firewood throughout the continental USA.
The Cutting Edge Firewood Rack (Patent Protected) is 2′ wide and 4′ tall with enough wood for 15-25 fires. If you’re a local customer, then we’re happy to loan you our metal rack. We can also remove the wood from our packaging and stack it into your firewood rack. If you order a rack for shipping, we’ll send it inside a wooden rack that is easy to move and manage.
Learn more about Racks >>
Cutting Edge Firewood Boxes are the quickest and easiest way to enjoy a night by the fire. Each firewood box contains everything you need for a fantastic experience, including kindling, a selection of fire starters, matches, and your choice of firewood logs. Each box contains enough wood for 2-4 fires.
See Video >>
The firewood is amazing. I love the smell of the cherry firewood. You can choose from many different options. It’s perfect for celebrating the holidays with your family, or any other time.I highly recommend Cutting Edge Firewood.
17:59 08 Nov 19
Love the kiln dried firewood! Got hickory and it burns for hours. I don’t have to constantly maintain the beautiful fire, it does it on it’s own. I definitely recommend this firewood for a beautiful long fire that will make great memories. I live in Missouri and they will ship the wood to you!
This place is my #1 go to for cooking wood, I saw an ad on facebook for them one day when I was in the middle of a cook and figured Id give them a try. My first order was for some 8″ maple splits that I order to smoke a couple racks of Lamb ribs they have great prices and when you receive your order it comes in a box that says Cutting edge on it, maybe 3-5 days I recieved a hand written postcard from a gentleman named Leroy Hite who was sending me to tell me how much they appreciated my business! Every since then Ive given them my business for all of my cooking, smoking, and firewood needs 10/10 you guys rock and you have a return customer for life! I live in Michigan and they are in Georgia, they waisted no time getting me my order! I really appreciate you guys!
Superb experience with every aspect of the company. I ordered the smoking chunks variety pack for my husband’s birthday. We have had some delicious food prepped with it on other occasions and we look forward to using our own now. The delivery was expedient (same day as ordered – in December no less) and customer service follow up the same day to boot. We earlier purchased their specially treated firewood and have enjoyed immensely the warmth provided by CE fires with family and friends. FYI, I never realized how nasty the firewood from the grocery store is until I used CE. It is so refreshing to deal with a company that specializes not only in providing superior products, but also in providing superior service. It really is a novelty to have something done correctly the first time, and to have it done with such quality.
17:10 25 Dec 19
Such a great company! Great firewood – responsive and friendly delivery team. Stacked very neatly. Will definitely order from again!
21:51 30 Jun 19
Top notch service. Super fast delivery in a clean easy to store box. They have a variety of different woods and options. I highly recommend them for your firewood needs.
12:09 13 May 20
We wanted a fire pit to sit around at Thanksgiving and then we wanted smoke free wood to burn in it. We looked around,, but aged or kiln dried is hard to find, and all those mixed hardwoods are mixed. I found this website, and thoroughly enjoyed reading, choosing, and sharing with the fam. Branded oak firewood-in an elegant box with everything (we used to call it fatwood, but the term is kindling) you need for starting the fire. The company responds quickly, they would be my first choice for gifts for people with fireplaces and if we lived in GA, this would be my choice for firewood in my own fireplace. I speak from a fair amount of experience, living with a woodstove for 11 years-use the advice on their website. These folks speak truth and have excellent products.
18:59 16 Nov 20
Updated for Dec 10, 2020: The company works hard to meet customer’s need. It is impossible to be perfect; however, their best efforts are way better than others. Again, their wood is way higher quality than any other seller out there that I know.‐——————-I recently bought some firewood boxes from them. Their wood is clean and very high quality. I did not appreciate it until I tried to save some money and bought firewood from other local stores like Homedepot and Homeland. Now I have a choice, and I rather pay more for the premium quality here. They shipped fast too.
22:35 10 Dec 20
Truly exceptional customer service and an awesome product! Who would have thought I’d be raving about firewood?! But after a month of using “seasoned wood” and getting smoky fires in the fireplace that required manufactured “fire starter logs” to get going, I am sitting in front of a roaring, warm fire that started with a single match, as promised! And there is no smoke in the house – just the intoxicating aroma of cherry burning! The staff at Cutting Edge went above and beyond to get this wood to me (I bought the “Ultimate” bundle) and I am so appreciative! I’ll be their customer for a long long time. Thank you!
19:31 18 Dec 20
Great experience! Best firewood
20:49 25 Sep 19
Y’all! Look no further for your firewood and delivery needs. Cutting Edge Firewood was prompt in responding to my questions, and they worked hard to deliver my order within just a few days. (Thank you, Sara B.!) I was able to order online and choose from three kinds of wood — oak, cherry and hickory. They can include a pretty firewood rack if you need one (we didn’t, but that’s a nice feature!). Delivery was alerted by text and was right on time. Ben, the delivery person, was super friendly and stacked the wood for me. Cant wait to try this firewood out. We expect to be customers for years to come!!!
16:18 28 Apr 21
I just got a brand new smoker and needed a place to get firewood I’m the summer. Boy do they have it. Saturday is by appointment only which I didn’t know. They came and met me immediately since I was already here. Great service.
19:27 29 Jun 19
I run a small Ooni Pizza oven for a family of 7. Spend $189 for a single box of firewood??? Insane right? Well I will be reordering shortly!!!! You use high quality ingredients and this is high quality and VERY easy to use. Sizing is perfect and I can cook about 6 pizzas with 6 pieces of wood so a box lasts a long long time.Order and you won’t regret it.
14:06 17 Jul 21
Awesome awesome awesome experience. Wonderful firewood , awesome customer serviceThank you
18:33 23 Nov 20
I bought firewood for my husband for Father’s Day and it was a big hit! He was super impressed with the delivery Artisan and kept telling me how much he likes how it looks. The sales guy on the phone was great too explaining all the options and uses for different types of wood. I called and was able to get a timely delivery and they arrived right on time!
00:38 18 Jun 19
I have used Cutting Edge Firewood many times over the past 4-5 years and have always been amazed at the service! Exceptional firewood delivered by exceptionally polite, knowledgeable people who take the time to do things right, clean up after themselves and make sure you are happy before they leave!! Best Firewood in Georgia!
19:07 24 Jun 19
Got this as a gift and thought… special firewood, thats a funny gift. Then we used it and were like OH NEVERMIND IT IS LITERALLY AMAZING. Makes my fire pit a million times better
Julia Collins Holley
02:07 06 Oct 20
Incredible guys, great product, even better experience. Within 24 hours of reaching out, we had a new fire pit delivered, installed, and working – as well as a full rack of the best firewood I’ve ever seen. Seamless and accommodating. Great work guys.
16:33 22 Oct 19
Cutting Edge might be known for their firewood but their wood chunks for cooking might be even better! The chunks are much cleaner and more solid than anything I’ve used before, and produce a great smoke flavor on my Big Green Egg cooks. This is an easy way to take my smoked meat to a whole new level.
Great folks with great firewood and incredible customer service. Firewood is truly dry and clean. Lights easy, burns well. We’ve tried the hickory and the cherry and both are excellent options! Packaging/rack is very sharp and a nice display on your deck/porch. Buy Cutting Edge Firewood, you won’t regret it!
18:31 01 Dec 19
Great service and great firewood.
19:34 29 Jun 19
Absolutely the best run company imaginable! From my initial order processing to delivery of my firewood, their customer service was incredible! Daryl, the Artisan (is that not a great term or what) who delivered my firewood was the best ambassador ever for Cutting Edge Firewood. The enthusiasm and pride of the employees was evident every step if the way! I look forward to a continued relationship with all these folks.
15:02 30 Aug 21
Phenomenal firewood and impeccable service.
20:33 27 Jun 19
Practically the Indiana Jones warehouse of firewood! Can’t wait to start our first fire of the season (oak)… and make some ribs w/the pecan chunks. Thanks KB!
18:17 19 Oct 19
Great product, great service! I never buy firewood from anywhere else. Leroy and his team are great.
20:01 04 Oct 19
Great place for quality firewood. Good prices on odds & ends campfire wood as well. We have been coming here for a couple of years. Very helpful and even loaded our cars for us at the showroom.
14:37 28 Sep 19
Just received my first order from Cutting Edge Firewood. The order came fast (I live in Texas) and I must say I wasn’t expecting to be so impressed with firewood. First, the amount of wood they give with kindling, matches, and firestarters was perfect. I literally do not have to do anything other than light a match to get this started. Second, the aroma of the wood was very pleasant. We chose oak for our first time but will be buying some Cherry in the near future. I especially liked how they packed my box as full as they could get it. Many different sizes of wood too which helps with wood placement. Overall a very good first impression!
16:10 02 Apr 21
We were given our first batch of Cutting Edge Firewood as a gift. After that we were hooked! Great firewood, easy to light and a great fire! Ordered our first “rack” and the delivery was on time, professional and seamless. They even delivered the rack around the back yard to a perfect spot on the patio! The rack is sturdy and impressive as well. We highly recommend this product and service!
21:45 05 Dec 20
This company is legit. They create a ritz Carlton experience about… firewood. Ya… I thought it was crazy- until I tried it. Now there’s no going back because we’re spoiled now. Excellent firewood and even better service. Great for grilling too. The racks looks great, keep things neat and compact. No bugs or things to worry about w this stuff. Check it out, you’ll be glad you did!
Philip K. Robb Jr.
01:23 01 Jul 19
Just had my first fire with their wood. Went with the Oak and it did not disappoint. It lit up in a flash and burnt bright and hot. Stop wasting your time with wet, old firewood and send a little cash for the good stuff.
23:40 19 Oct 20
Just came over to buy some firewood for my pizza oven and I want to let you know these guys are awesome. They sure know what they’re doing and you can go around behind your product. For sure the best in Atlanta.
17:28 27 Jul 19
I Live in California. Based on reviews i was excited to receive my CHERRY Firewood for my fire-pit from Cutting Edge. My family and i wanted the best firewood with less smoke. great burn and scent. We opted for Cherry since it burns cooler than Hickory or Oak for the summer nights. When i inspected the firewood several had growth on them and i was not sure if it was mold. so i contacted Cutting Edge to advise. Ashley requested to text several photos and her team would take a look. The very next day i got a call from Ashley. Although her team could not narrow down exactly what was on the firewood she advised me Cutting Edge would send out a whole new Box Set -free of charge. I was NOT expecting such a quick response let alone a entire new Box Set.Cutting Edges excellent customer service and quick response alone is TOP NOTCH and gives me the confidence they stand by their products 100%. New Box was received this week with NO issues. Cutting Edge has definitely earned my business for years to come with Outstanding Customer Service along with Superior products. Will NOT hesitate recommending to all my Family and Colleagues.
18:51 07 Aug 20
They say, “you get what you pay for” and that couldn’t be any truer when it comes to Cutting Edge Firewood. They offer same day delivery on boxes M-Sa, their firewood is easy to lit and it burns clean for hours, and their customer service is always top notch. Can’t say enough good things about Leroy, his team and their products. If you want the best, put your worries to rest and buy from the best.
18:43 21 Nov 20
Looking through a google search for good firewood, I came across Cutting Edge Firewood. They have a great selection of wood in various packages that are very convenient. For my first time I chose the hickory logs. They arrived safely in a secured box. The logs were very big and could be cut down to size. After using I can say that the wood smells AMAZING and you can tell it is high quality. It kept us warm outside. I will definitely come back here due to great service.
01:06 15 Feb 21
Great company! Placed an order for a box of cherry wood to use in a solo stove fire pit. Order from Cutting Edge arrived quickly. Firewood was great quality and enabled me to light the fire pit with one match. Overall customer service can’t be beat. Thanks for making life easier by providing an awesome product combined with fantastic service. I’ll be back for more firewood!
We ordered firewood at 3:30 and it was delivered less than 2 hours later. This wood is absolutely worth the price tag! It burns so much hotter and longer than the cheaper wood we get locally. When added up, the price almost balances out since Cutting Edge wood lasts much longer. Our house is toasty warm and smells amazing. It’s a perfect wood for a perfect fire on a perfectly cold day. Thank you Cutting Edge, we are officially customers for life!
01:43 22 Dec 19
Absolutely the best place to buy firewood. We use it for our fire pit and love the heat it puts out.
18:31 15 Jun 19
In addition to high-quality, clean burning firewood, the folks at Cutting Edge Firewood deliver best in class service. Every time. They’re responsive, on time, friendly, and grateful for every opportunity they get. Follow up is excellent with well timed and thoughtful emails to handwritten thank you notes. In an age where the art of gold standard customer service alongside quality product seems to be gone, these guys will boldly remind you its not. At least not with them. I’d give more than 5 stars if I could!
So glad we found this firewood company! Very knowledgeable and professional and has exceptional product!
Julie Anne Autrey
18:26 09 Nov 19
Cutting Edge Firewood
S’mores, campfire stories, mantles decorated for the holidays, and cozy, soft lighting on a cold winter day — whatever the application is, indoor and outdoor fires are amazing experiences that provide endless relaxation and enjoyment. Whether you rely on firewood to warm your home or want the best fuel for your next backyard gathering, choosing high-quality firewood can make all the difference.
High-quality wood will produce a long-lasting, clean burn that will shine brightly and provide plenty of warmth for the whole family — but what separates premium firewood from the rest?
Learn more about the benefits of using top-quality, kiln dried firewood, including helpful tips and tricks for making the most out of each delivery. Then, shop Cutting Edge Firewood’s selection of kiln dried firewood for sale, customize your shipment to fit your needs, and let our firewood experts take care of the rest.
An Introduction to Firewood
Generations of homeowners have relied on firewood to cook food and warm the home. Today, backyard bonfires and cozy fireplaces are the ideal ways to spend a weekend with loved ones — but not all firewood is created equally. The right firewood can transform an ordinary fire into an extraordinary experience, while burning low-quality wood can have unpleasant or hazardous side effects.
Looking for the best firewood available? Then you have found it! Cutting Edge Firewood is the premier provider of top-quality, kiln dried firewood, perfect for your indoor or outdoor fireplace. Our wood is simple to ignite and provides a clean burn. We make it easier than ever before to order and receive firewood, with various options for you to choose from for a personalized experience that fits your lifestyle.
We offer a complimentary white glove delivery service inside our delivery artisan network and ship firewood throughout the continental USA. We’ll even stack your firewood to your specifications, allowing you more time to sit back, relax, and enjoy the benefits of high-quality kiln dried firewood.
See more: Home
Our Most Popular Kiln Dried Firewood
For the best fires, you need the best firewood. At Cutting Edge Firewood, we strive to provide residents throughout Atlanta with a premier firewood experience unlike any they’ve ever had. We do this by kiln drying our wood and providing you with premier-quality firewood. But not all wood is the same. We offer our customers various species to choose from, and each has distinctive characteristics.
No two kinds of wood are the same. Here are some notable qualities you’ll discover about our three most popular kiln dried firewood types:
- Oak: Oak is a popular choice of wood that provides excellent heat for your home. There are more than 600 different varieties of oak. This wood is dense and burns for a long time, though not quite as long as hickory. Once we use our special process to kiln dry our oak firewood, there is no possibility of it being delivered with insects or mold. It also produces very low emissions, making it safe to burn in your home and outdoors.
- Hickory: Hickory is a dense and heavy hardwood that most agree is traditionally the best for burning. Hickory wood is extremely easy to ignite since it doesn’t hold much moisture once kiln dried. Of all our wood selections, many find that hickory provides the best overall traditional experience. There is no possibility of insects or mold, and it gives off the lowest emissions, making it safe whether you want to enjoy it indoors or outdoors.
- Cherry: If you’re looking for an awesome unique wood burning experience that stands apart from the rest, try cherry wood. This firewood does not burn as hot or as long as our denser selections like hickory and oak, but many firewood enthusiasts refuse to burn anything but cherry firewood. The smell of cherry wood burning is out of this world, providing an amazing, slightly sweet aroma that will fill your home. Like all our kiln dried firewood, there is no possibility of cherry wood having insects or mold, and it produces minimal
Properties and Characteristics of High-Quality Firewood
From the outside, many types of firewood can look similar to one another. They might share the same bark coloring and length, or even come from the same tree — but unless they were chosen, cut, and kiln dried by Cutting Edge Firewood experts, you won’t experience the same high-quality burn. That’s why it’s essential to source your firewood from professionals who know what it takes to produce the best caliber of wood for home use.
Luckily, it’s fairly easy to spot the most notable traits of excellent firewood, which can help you pick the best kind for your specific application. You can determine the burn quality of a piece of firewood by looking for the following properties and characteristics:
- The wood burns clean: High-quality firewood burns cleanly, producing minimal smoke and ash. Low-quality wood can produce an excess of these things, which are dangerous to breathe in and known to cause upper respiratory irritation. Too much smoke and ash can also stain your walls and curtains or clog your chimney, resulting in costly repairs.
- The wood produces a long-lasting burn: You’ve started the perfect fire and settled in with your friends for a fun evening, roasting marshmallows and exchanging stories — only for the fire to extinguish minutes later. Instead of relaxing with the others, you’re now stuck around the fire ring, stoking and stirring, trying to revive your hard work. Unfortunately, this is a common scenario with low-quality firewood. Premier firewood from Cutting Edge Firewood, on the other hand, provides a long-lasting burn that requires minimal maintenance, giving you more value for your investment.
- The wood has no signs of pests or fungus: If you don’t know where your firewood comes from, you can’t be sure of its quality. Dirt-covered wood or firewood with fungus and mold do not burn cleanly. Low-quality firewood can also harbor pests, like borers, ants, beetles, and termites, which can infiltrate your home. Our firewood is clean and always free of mold and insects, and it looks stylish when stacked and displayed.
- The wood is in good condition: Never burn green, rotten, wet, chemically treated, or painted firewood, as this can release toxic fumes and damage your fire accessories. Seasoning firewood allows the wood to dry for an extended period to eliminate excessive moisture and promote a cleaner burn. Kiln drying is a superior drying method due to the high-temperature oven. Kiln dried wood is cleaner, safer, and more long-lasting than any other type. We kiln dry all of our firewood 12 times longer than the USDA standard, so you know you’re always getting the best.
- The wood is cut correctly: When a piece of wood is cut evenly, it burns evenly. When choosing firewood, always opt for uniformly cut whole or split logs. Split logs are typically easier to light, but do not burn as long as whole logs. Whole logs — including uncut rounds — have a lasting burn, but require a very hot fire to ignite.
- The wood comes from a quality source: You already know you shouldn’t burn wet, green, or moldy softwood in your fireplace, especially when the fire is indoors. Instead, choose dry, top-quality wood from healthy oak, cherry, and hickory trees.
Firewood Usage Continues to Grow
Of the 900,000 new homes built in 2019, 310,000 of them had at least one fireplace. When you pair this figure with the rising popularity of outdoor fireplaces and fire pits, it’s clear that the need for firewood continues to grow — and why shouldn’t it? Nearly 2% of people in the U.S. rely on firewood as their primary source of fuel. Firewood is multifunctional, providing both light and heat without the need for electricity or extension cords.
Fireplaces, wood stoves, and backyard fire rings are natural gathering spots for the home or yard, adding visual interest and increasing the property’s value. Plus, wood is a natural and renewable resource, making it an eco-friendly heating or cooking method that lets you save money on your utility bill.
Other popular trends include weddings and private dining events that feature roaring fires, either for their visual appeal or recreational use. When burning firewood for home entertainment, your wood’s quality can greatly impact the atmosphere of the gathering. Specific types of wood evoke different smells and various flame intensities. High-quality wood will allow you to enjoy these qualities without dealing with a lot of smoke or ash residue.
Our Firewood vs. the Other Guys
When you source your firewood elsewhere, such as from a department store, you have to consider how to get it to your home. Then, you must set aside time in your schedule to carefully haul, load, and stack it. On top of this time-consuming work, you risk investing in dirty, diseased, or infested wood, which will put a damper on your gatherings. While other suppliers focus on producing as much wood as possible for minimal costs, Cutting Edge Firewood never cuts corners.
While our high-temperature kiln removes moisture from your firewood, it also eliminates any chances for fungus, mildew, and pests to infiltrate your wood — all while cleaning the bark. This drying process results in a clean, even round of wood that will fill your home with a pleasing aroma and comfortable warmth.
How Our Process Works
At Cutting Edge Firewood, we offer more than firewood — we strive to provide a memorable experience. We know some of life’s best memories are made in the warmth of a fire’s glow, and we want the ordering and shipment process to be as simple and stress-free as possible. That’s why we let you choose the type, size, and quantity of your wood, in addition to opting for luxury white glove delivery services.
Here is what you can expect when you partner with Cutting Edge Firewood:
- Choose how the wood arrives: First, you’ll choose how you’ll receive your shipment — rack or box. You can order a one-time box or select subscription delivery. Each box contains enough 16-inch standard cut firewood to fuel two to four fires, plus four fire starters, four pieces of heart pine, eight pieces of kindling, and a box of cigar matches. Our 2-by-4 carbonized steel racks can hold enough wood for 15 to 25 fires, and we also have wood rack covers to keep your shipment dry.
- Select your type of wood: Choose from one of our three most popular types of firewood — oak, cherry, or hickory. Each type of wood is available for either box or rack shipments. If you select our rack firewood, we’ll deliver the racks directly to your home, where we will leave them with you or stack the wood on your own wood rack.
- Choose the correct size: Choose the size of your wood shipment based on the type of fireplace or wood stove you plan to burn it in. At Cutting Edge Firewood, we offer uncut rounds, wood sized for a chiminea or small wood stove, and specialty sizes.
- Wait for your delivery: Once you’ve made your final selections, you can relax while we package and deliver your shipment to your chosen location! Our professional white glove delivery professionals will place your wood wherever you want it as long as you live within our Delivery Artisan Area. We’ll also happily demonstrate how to light it or answer any questions you have about getting the most from your new fuel. Live outside the local area? We can ship our firewood boxes and racks anywhere in the U.S., which includes bulk delivery options.
If you burn wood regularly, we offer weekly, biweekly, and monthly firewood subscriptions. Subscriptions require a three-month commitment and make it easier than ever to keep your home stocked for the season. Planning a special event? Consider adding on our fire butler service, so you can enjoy your gathering while we start and manage your fire throughout the evening.
About Specialty Sized Firewood
If you have a large fireplace or fire pit, you might need larger pieces of firewood to ensure an extended, even burn. Cutting Edge Firewood has specialty sized shipments that you can either use on their own or pair with our standard firewood for optimal burn conditions. Our split specialty size wood promises an extended burn time and is three to four times thicker than standard cuts. Specialty sizing is available for all types of wood, including cherry, oak, and hickory.
Artisanal Firewood Delivery Services
Cutting Edge Firewood’s Artisanal Delivery Service is classified as a luxury white-glove service that makes buying and receiving firewood a breeze. Delivery Artisans deliver firewood in exclusive, patent-pending firewood racks, complete with a protective canvas cover, that we will perfectly place and stack in the location of your choice. Busy schedule? Don’t worry. Simply let us know where and how you want your shipment placed, and we’ll take care of it for you.
Once you schedule your preferred delivery date, we will begin processing the order immediately and typically deliver within one week. If you need your shipment sooner, we also offer same-day delivery service on box shipments. In addition to Artisanal Delivery, you can also take advantage of our fast, efficient fire-starting services. Our Delivery Artisans will build and start your fire while offering helpful tips along the way, so you can replicate the process next time.
Our delivery service is constantly expanding and currently includes the Atlanta area, as well as Charlotte, North Carolina, Nashville, Tennessee, and everywhere in between.
Hickory Firewood for Sale
Though you’ll find hickory trees all across the U.S., they are most common in the hills and forests of Central and Eastern regions of the country. The exact shade and texture of the bark varies between different types of hickory, but the color is most often some degree of ashy gray — sometimes with a shaggy appearance.
Hickory firewood provides you with the distinctive qualities everyone loves about a great fire. It is a customer favorite because of its:
- Quality: It burns longer than all our other split wood options — even longer if you choose our oversized hickory firewood or uncut rounds. It also produces the hottest and brightest flames.
- Experience: Burning hickory creates that cozy, classic, crackling sound that you associate with a flickering flame, making it the ideal selection for cold nights gathered with loved ones around the fire pit.
- Fragrance: It leaves behind one of the most pleasing firewood aromas, making it especially suitable for special events.
- Versatility: It’s versatile — you can use hickory for smoking and cooking food, thanks to its smokey flavor.
- Comfort: Burning hickory produces the least amount of emissions and minimal sparks or smoke, ensuring a safe and comfortable experience.
- Simplicity: Hickory doesn’t hold moisture, so it is very easy to ignite once dried in a kiln.
Oak Firewood for Sale
With more than 90 types of oak trees in North America, oak firewood is among the most abundant. At Cutting Edge Firewood, we source our oak firewood from red and white trees that grow in lush, Southern forests. The color of oak bark varies, depending on the type of tree in question, but is often a lighter shade of brown or gray.
For those who don’t have a lot of experience with firewood — or, as we call them, “casual burners” — oak is a great starter wood to begin your adventure in premium firewoods because it offers:
- Simplicity: Oak firewood is simple to light, thanks to the oak tree’s low resin, moisture, and sap content.
- Versatility: It produces bright flames that give off ample heat. It is ideal for use in all applications, especially indoor fireplaces, because it burns clean.
- Fragrance: Many people prefer the bright glow of oak because it produces a pleasant smell that many describe as sweet.
- Safety: Oak firewood flames are easily manageable, making them a safer choice for households with children or pets.
Cherry Firewood for Sale
If you’re seeking a unique burning experience to impress your friends, create a one-of-a-kind atmosphere, or add something special to your next event, cherry firewood is just what you need. Cherry firewood is easily recognizable, thanks to its bold, warm color and straight grains, as well as its:
- Strength: This wood is particularly strong, ideal for shipping long distances or putting in long-term storage.
- Flame: It produces a bright, warm glow, but not too much heat, making it perfect for use during spring, summer, and early fall.
- Fragrance: Though you won’t get as long of a burn time as you will with our hickory and oak offerings, there is one significant benefit of cherry wood that appeals to everyone — the smell. We — along with our clients — can’t get enough of this sweet, unique aroma. The best part? After burning cherry firewood, you can expect the pleasant smell to linger around your home or property for a long time.
Frequently Asked Questions About Firewood
Have a question about the best way to use or store your firewood? Our firewood experts are here to help. Below you’ll find the answers to some of the questions we hear most frequently about firewood. To learn more — or ask a question you don’t see listed here — feel free to reach out to us for more information.
Can Firewood Go Bad?
Yes. Several factors can cause firewood to go bad or lose its effectiveness, including:
- Using firewood that comes from a diseased tree.
- Choosing firewood that has not been treated, seasoned, or kiln dried.
- Using firewood that is not pest-free, which can lead to decay and further infestation of your other wood.
- Employing improper storage methods, which includes leaving firewood exposed to the elements and fluctuating temperatures.
- Neglecting to remove any rotting or diseased firewood from your storage area, which can cause otherwise healthy firewood to deteriorate more quickly.
The best way to avoid bad firewood is to purchase a high-quality product from Cutting Edge Firewood and follow all recommended storage practices.
How Do I Know If My Firewood Is OK to Use?
All Cutting Edge Firewood is free of disease, mold, fungus, and bugs, and has been thoroughly kiln dried for maximum effectiveness. However, using improper storage methods or storing our firewood with wood from other distributors may lead to wood damage. A good piece of firewood is sturdy and clean without visible damage or missing bark. The wood should be firm to the touch and free of discoloration.
A few indicators that your firewood has gone bad include:
- Visible signs of fungus or mildew growth.
- Wood that is soft to the touch, indicating excess moisture or rotting.
- Insects in or on your wood supply, or leftover pest residue or markings that could indicate an infestation.
- Peeling or falling bark.
Which Type of Cutting Edge Firewood Burns Best?
The answer to this question varies, depending on your specific woodburning goals. For example, our cherry firewood produces the least amount of heat and burn time, but the unique aroma makes it the perfect choice for a special event or gathering.
Hickory firewood burns longer than oak and is a popular choice for indoor fireplaces, while many prefer oak when burning outdoors. You can also choose extended burn firewood for an even longer burn, which is perfect for large fire pits and fireplaces or events requiring a strong flame throughout the night.
Can I Use the Same Wood for Fires and Cooking?
Many kinds of wood are suitable for general burning and home heating, as well as cooking and smoking foods, including oak, hickory, and cherry. Other woods — like maple and apple — are great for culinary purposes, but less effective for general use. The wood’s cut and size are also important to note.
Wood burning applications call for logs, split wood, and uncut rounds, while wood for cooking is most beneficial when cut down to small splits or wood chunks. Always choose the correct size firewood, splits, or wood chunks to fit your fireplace, wood stove, fire pit, or grill. For the best results, do not burn firewood outside of its recommended use.
How Do I Build a Long-Lasting Fire?
Building a fire is easy if you have the right supplies. Here’s what you need to do:
- Prepare the area: If you’re building an indoor fire, prepare your wood stove or fireplace by removing any ash or soot leftover from the previous burn and ensuring the area is clear of debris. Open up the fireplace damper and set up the protective grate. If you have a chimney, make sure a professional has cleaned and serviced it, especially if this is your first fire of the season. Doing so will ensure a clean and safe woodburning experience that everyone can enjoy.
- Clean your outdoor pit: If you’re burning outdoors, prepare your fire pit by clearing away any grass or debris inside the pit and creating a comfortable seating area around it. You’ll also want to allow the area ample time to dry after rain, so you don’t waste matches or fire starters by trying to light them in wet conditions.
- Gather supplies: The most essential part of your fire is the fuel. Kiln dried firewood from Cutting Edge Firewood is the best way to ensure a bright, long-lasting fire. You also need a match and some fire starters. For best results, avoid using leaves or household paper products, which could create excess smoke. Never burn garbage or anything that could explode or release toxic chemicals, like batteries and plastics. Excellent-quality wood will help you achieve a warm glow without the need for lighter fluids or accelerants.
- Assemble the fire: Build your fire by placing your wood in a criss-cross pattern known as the “log cabin” method. In this technique, you lay two pieces of wood parallel and place kindling between them. Stack two parallel logs on top of them, facing the opposite direction. Add another layer if you want, then use the fire starter to ignite. For outdoor fires, ignite a small pile of starter and, as the flame grows, add kindling and firewood piece by piece in a tent shape until you have a roaring fire.
How Do I Light a Fire?
All Cutting Edge Firewood is easy to light, thanks to our special kiln drying process. You can usually light your fire with a single match! To begin, choose a long match — like our official cigar matches — and strike it to light your excelsior fire starter. Add pieces of kindling to feed the flame. To make things even easier, add a fire starter package to your next Cutting Edge Firewood shipment. Each kit includes everything you need to start a fire in minutes, including the fire starter, kindling, and matches.
To manage your fire, you’ll need to stoke it regularly as needed. Add more firewood as it burns. One your fire is lit — especially if outdoors — do not leave it unattended. Remember to extinguish it thoroughly before leaving.
How Should I Store My Firewood?
Our Delivery Artisans will gladly unload and stack your firewood in any place of your choosing. For the longevity of your firewood, make sure you store it somewhere that is:
- Covered: Keep your firewood protected from rain, snow, and wind by covering it with a tarp, angled roof, or rack cover. You could also store it inside a small woodshed near your home. Doing this prevents it from being exposed to the elements and sustaining damage or absorbing moisture.
- Off the ground: Always stack firewood off the ground. Otherwise, you risk pest infestation or moisture transferring from the dirt to your wood. That issue can cause wood rot or render your firewood difficult to light. Instead, stack your wood on a raised platform or a sturdy slab made of wood or concrete.
- Near adequate airflow: Adequate airflow is the best way to preserve your wood’s integrity and maintain its effectiveness and aroma. Airflow will also combat any moisture that has made its way into your storage area. Make sure wherever you choose to store your wood is well ventilated, and be sure to avoid stacking the firewood too compactly for the bottom layers to access fresh air.
- Away from the foundation: Always keep firewood several feet away from the foundation of your home, preferably in a raised rack, to keep insects at bay and protect your foundation from accidental damage.
When you choose high-quality indoor fireplace wood from Cutting Edge Firewood, your shipment will be more than functional — our wood also looks great when displayed in your home. If you’re stacking your wood indoors, similar storage rules apply as when you store firewood outdoors. Opt for a ventilated storage area near your fireplace or wood stove for optimal comfort and convenience. Do not store wood in any areas of the home that are exceptionally moist or humid, such as directly under an air conditioner.
How Is Firewood Measured?
Most firewood suppliers follow the cord measurement standard, which refers to a stacked pile of wood that equals about 4-by-8 feet, with each individual piece being about 4 feet long. We wanted to do more than that by creating a uniform product that burns evenly and eliminates any confusion among retailers.
That’s why we sell all of our firewood via box and rack shipments, with specific dimensions listed online, depending on the type and size of wood you choose. By operating this way, we make it easier for you to know exactly what to expect when your firewood shipment arrives — high-quality, durable wood that burns cleanly and evenly every time.
Artisanal Delivery Service
Cutting Edge Firewood’s Artisanal Delivery Service is classified as a luxury white glove service. This service takes the work out of buying and receiving firewood. Delivery Artisans deliver firewood in patent pending, exclusive, airbrushed firewood racks with a high-quality canvas cover perfectly stacked every time in the location of your choice. Providing ready to use firewood every time with expert firewood knowledge, the Delivery Artisans can even start the first fire and demonstrate how to have the best experience.
Our delivery service is constantly expanding and currently includes the Atlanta GA area, Charlotte NC, Nashville TN, and everywhere in between. We also ship firewood nationwide!
Get Firewood Shipped Anywhere in the United States
Our Artisanal Delivery services are available for everyone in the Atlanta area, but our reach extends far beyond Georgia. Our firewood and firewood products are available online to be shipped anywhere in the United States. You will receive the same kiln dried wood as our local clients — available in either a box, rack, or bulk ordering option — packaged neatly and securely for safe, prompt delivery.
Shipping rates vary depending on the type and size of your order, as well as the delivery destination. Some products are even eligible for complimentary shipping.
If you’re getting your firewood shipped, consider investing in the ultimate firewood delivery package, which includes everything you need to light and maintain dozens of fires. This package includes:
- Five racks of your choice between hickory, oak, and cherry wood — you’re even free to mix-and-match to create your ideal supply.
- One hand truck so you can easily and safely transport the racks and store them in the correct place.
- Two fire starter packages, which include kindling, a bundle of heart pine, and fire starters.
- Your choice between a box of packaged firewood or small order of smoking chunks.
This package is a valuable investment for anyone who relies on firewood to warm the home, especially if you’re stocking up for the winter months. This package includes complimentary shipping as well, making it an investment well worth its value.
Learn More About the Cutting Edge Firewood Experience
As the only supplier of premium firewood and fire products in the Southeast, we are passionate about providing a unique experience. Whether you’re planning a special event, organizing a backyard bonfire, or simply searching for a clean, reliable way to warm your home, we are here to make it happen. Contact a representative today to learn more about the Cutting Edge Firewood experience and ask about our delivery services.
We proudly deliver to the following regions and cities: